Monday, August 1, 2011

May The Force Be With You

While we’re on the subject of Lou, I should introduce the rest of his family.

Lou and my dad have been friends since the first grade. He married my dad’s sister and had two sons…some of my most favorite people.

I loved, loved, loved my cousins! They were my heros!

The oldest was sweet and calm, protective and understanding. He reminds me of Luke Skywalker, all charm and kindness with the ability to take on the bad guy.

The youngest was outrageous and energetic, bold and sarcastic. He reminds me of Han Solo, willing to be a hero as long as he can break the rules while he’s saving you.

Luke and Han were my role models at the very early age of 6. I wanted nothing more than to do everything they did. (I taught them patience, I think.)

Spending time with Luke and Han was a treat and something I frequently begged for. (I don’t think they were always very flattered.)

But, they loved me and we are still pretty close even today. Luke and Han…those are really great names for them. (Tee hee!)

Oh, yeah, and they have a mom. Well, of course they have a mom! She is my dad’s sister and my aunt.

And…

There is no way I can write about her today. She needs a whole entry all to her pretty, crazy self! Stay tuned!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I was always flattered, Kara. Heck, that's why I moved up to Humble in the early 90's. So I could hopefully have more opportunities to see you and your siblings.

I love you, Kara!
"Luke"